Evaluation gives you insight.
The more you know about what you like and dislike the more you will have to work with when looking for your next career.
Let’s start by looking at your current job and see what you like about it.
I always have you start with the positive. Why? Because your brain will always look for the negative to protect you. It is hard to change back to good stuff when the negative starts flowing.
What do you like about your job?
This should be fun. Make a list.
Now look at the list and answer these questions for each task.
- What are you actually doing? Is it a structured or unstructured activity? What is your role-leader or participant?
- What is the environment? Outside, inside, office, café, conference room…?
- How are you interacting? With people, machines? Formal situation? Remote?
- What tools are you using?
- Who are you interacting with? No one? Large group, small group, one-on-one?
- How do you feel when you do this task? Empowered, aggravated, energized, in flow, ready to do more?
These questions will give you more information about each task. And they will help figure out why you like them.
The details are important.
This is an exercise I have my clients do and we use this list to determine how they like to work.
The key is to know what excites you and what doesn’t?
I am here to help. Sign up for a free consult call. By the end of the hour call we will have a plan to get you started on your next path.